I made these gorgeous little quiches for a high tea i held recently at the "House" (Still need a name for our house... ideas?) So i thought i would share them with you. They are really yummy, super easy to make and quick. You could make a large quiche out of the mixture and just cook it for longer. Just something a little bit out of the ordinary for those nights your struggling to come up with something!!
100g Cooked Pumpkin, Mashed
100ml Cream or Milk
1 Cob Corn, Kernels sliced off with a knife
½ Red Onion, diced
1 Tsp Garlic
1 Diced Tomato
1 Tbsp Italian Herbs
2 Tbsp Olives, sliced
100g Ham, Sliced
½ Cup Grated Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a bowl place eggs and whisk until frothy. Add cream and mashed pumpkin. Combine.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients except the cheese into the bowl and stir until combined.
4. Cut puff pastry sheets into 9 even squares. Line muffin trays with square pieces of baking paper and place in muffin tray and place puff pastry on top.
5. Place spoonfuls of mixture into the pastry cases and sprinkle with cheese. Repeat until all pastry cases are filled.
6. Place in oven for 25-35 minutes until pastry is crisp and the quiche has set.
I used a nice Jap pumpkin and Fresh Corn Cob in this but tinned corn will be fine to use as well.
Check out the other recipes for the High Tea that i did! :-)
Have a great weekend enjoying the carnival of flowers!