Are there day's in your house when it's been a busy week, your barely putting one foot in front of the other and it comes to friday night and you haven't thought of what to have for dinner. Instead of going out and picking up one of those greasy take-away pizza's, pour yourself a glass of wine and give these pizza's a go. These little pizza'a are low in fat but high in flavour and the morrocan spices really add a nice flavour and makes a nice change to the normal basil or oregano flavours you would normally use on a pizza. I made this recipe up one friday night when i was struggling to think of something to put on the table, i just used whatever i had leftover in my fridge.
Morrocan Chicken Pizza
6 x Chicken Thigh Fillets (or chicken breasts) (*You could also use a bought roasted chicken & Shred)
Corn Mountain Bread
1 x Tin of Chick Peas
2 x Tomatoes, diced
½ Capsicum, diced,
½ Bunch baby spinach leaves
2 x ripe Avocados, sliced
Morrocan Spice Mix
1 x Red Onion, Diced
4 Tbsp Tomato Paste
4 Tbsp Sweet Chilli
1. Place chicken in a pan and cook until crispy. Remove and roughly slice. Set aside.
2. For the sauce place onion into the same pan with a touch of olive oil and sauté. Add tomato paste, sweet chilli and salt, stir through and simmer for 2 min. Set aside.
3. To assemble: Cut mountain bread in half and place a spoonful of sauce over the top and spread evenly.
4. Place a couple of baby spinach leaves over the sauce and then follow with tomato, capsicum, and a sprinkling of chickpeas. Place sliced chicken on top and sprinkle generously the Moroccan seasoning over the top. Place sliced avocado on top.
5. Place in a 180 Degree oven for 15-20 min.
6. Finish with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce.
Just thought i would let you know also i have cleaned out some of the "decorative" items that no longer suit our house and i will be selling them at the Lifestyle Markets this saturday the 4th of September at 240 Hume Street, Toowoomba from 10am - 3pm. It will coincide with my Simply Tea stall which i am also operating at the same time. So come on down and say hello and you might even find a bargain!
|Some of the things up for sale.|